HillCity Church Corporate Fasting & Prayers
Date:10th – 16th January 2022
The prayer and fasting week, the first for the year, provides the opportunity to set the tone for the year spiritually. Remember, everything that happens physically is set in motion spiritually.
So, what is fasting and why fast? Biblical fasting is voluntarily abstaining from food, fully, partially or selectively, for the purpose of focusing on God. The principle is to ‘abstain from’ in other to ‘focus on’. The goal of fasting is to draw nearer to God by eliminating distractions. Therefore, it is important during fasting to spend time in fellowship with God in study of and meditation on His word, in worship and in prayer. Fasting is spiritual discipline that is a matter of when you do it not if you do. At different times in the year, we have a season of corporate fasting and prayer such as this. We encourage all to join in this spiritual exercise that will strengthen you, bring clarity and breakthrough into your life. You are encouraged to continue to engage in personal fasting at other times during the year.
Scriptural References: Isaiah 58:6-9, Isaiah 40:31, Matthew 6:16-18, Matthew 17:21
Our promise for the year:
“For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, But My kindness shall not depart from you, Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed,” Says the Lord, who has mercy on you. - Isaiah 54:10
Daily Prayer Guide
Below is the prayer focus for each day and a few scriptural references and promises to guide our prayers. We are focusing on 7 key areas of our lives – Spiritual, Physical, Mental, Emotional, Relational, Professional and Financial. We will also be praying for our Church, the Church, our community, and our nation. Pray for yourself and intercede for others along these lines. Most importantly, rely on the Holy Spirit to guide your prayers (Romans 8:26).
Day 1 Focus Area: Our Faith – Our spirit, relationship with God, and ministry - Mark 12:30
- Recommit your heart and life to God. Declare your total dependency on him.
- Pray for a greater intimacy with God and spiritual growth. Pray for a fresh love for His word and willingness to follow God’s direction and leading.
- Pray that He will work in you and through you.
- Pray for fresh grace to serve and to bear more fruit. Pray for grace for witnessing to people so they can be brought into the kingdom.
Scriptural References: Romans 12:1-2, Matthew 5:1-10, Philippians 3:10, Zechariah 4:6, Colossians 1:10-11, Galatians 5:22-23, 2 Timothy 2:20-21, 1 Peter 2:2, John 15:1-8, Proverbs 3:5-6, Psalm 32:8, Mark 16:15, Proverbs 24:10, James 4:7
Day 2 Focus Area: Our Soul and Body – Physical, mental, and emotional health 3 John 1:2
- Pray for life, divine health, all-round peace, protection from evil and disease.
- Pray for renewal of mind by His word, grace to walk in the Sprit not to fulfil the lust of the flesh, mental and emotional stability.
- Healing & freedom from bondage/habits/sin
Scriptural References: Malachi 2:5, Matthew 8:17, Isaiah 58:8, Exodus 23:25, Isaiah 33:24, Psalm 91, Job 1:10, 2Thessalonians 3:3, Proverbs 18:10, Psalm121:7-8, Galatians 5:1, 2:20
Day 3 Focus Area: Our Family and relationships – Nehemiah 4:14
- Pray for your family, relationships, everyone in your sphere of influence (Spouse, Children, Relatives, Friends, and Colleagues etc.), and people that the lord will connect you with this year.
- Recovery/restoration of whatever the devil has stolen.
Scriptural References: Ecclesiastes 4:9-12, Ephesians 5:22-33, Isaiah 8:18, Proverbs 22:6, Luke 2:52, Joshua 24:15, Psalm 103:17, Mark 12:31, Ephesians 6:18, Malachi 4:6, 1 Samuel 30:8, Joel 2:25
Day 4 Focus Area: Our Work, Studies/Training & Finances – Psalm 90:17
- Pray about your work and studies. Pray for strength, favour, fruitfulness, and fulfilment.
- Pray about your career, business, and professional development goals for the year.
- Pray for God’s blessing, to be a blessing to others.
- Pray for grace to honour God through your work, business, and studies.
- Pray for God’s provision, financial Stability, material prosperity, and wisdom to manage your financial affairs according to God’s will and direction.
- Pray that the Lord will give you the ability to enjoy the fruit of your labour.
Scriptural References: Psalm 32:8, Psalm 75:6-7, Jeremiah 29:11, Psalm 128:2, Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23-24, Psalm 84:11, Malachi 3:8-12, Deuteronomy 8:18, Genesis 12:2-3, Proverbs 10:22, Ecclesiastes 5:19
Day 5 Focus Area: Our Church and The Church – Ephesians 3:10
- Pray for our Church, for all-round increase, spiritual and physical growth, unity, love, effective evangelism & impact-making in our community.
- Pray for our Pastors, all leaders and serve teams and all ministries within HillCity.
- Our role as a Church: Find the lost and establish the found. Pray that people will find a personal relationship with God through our Church, find freedom, be established, discover, and walk in their purpose making a difference.
- Church life/services/gatherings: Experience God in a higher way every time we gather.
- Your part in kingdom building: Pray about your area of service/ministry and calling.
- Pray that the Lord will build His Church and the gate of hell shall not prevail.
- Pray that through the Church, the manifold wisdom of God will be made known to the world. Pray for all Churches connected to HillCity.
Scriptural References: Acts 2:42-47, Ephesians 1:17, John 17:9-12, Ephesians 6:19, Matthew 5:14-15, Matthew 9:38, Matthew 16:18, 1Peter 4:10-11, 1 Corinthians 3:6, Psalm 2:8, 2Corinthians 3:16-18,2 Timothy 2:20-21, Psalm 84:4, Psalm 92:13-14
Day 6 Focus Area: Our Community & Nation – Jeremiah 29:7
- Pray for wisdom for our leaders and all those in authority.
- Pray for healing, protection, and prosperity of our nation.
- Pray for the conviction of the Holy Spirit in our community so that many more will know God.
- Pray that God will rule over our nation.
Scriptural References: 2 Chronicles 7:14, 1 Timothy 2:1-3, Proverbs 14:34, Daniel 4:17, Proverbs 33:12, Jeremiah 29:7.
Day 7 Focus Area: Grand Finale Prayer service - Declarations, Blessings, Communion & Thanksgiving
- Pray about other areas of your life.
- Offer heartfelt thanksgiving to God for hearing and answering our prayers.
- Join us for an impartation and communion service to conclude the corporate fasting period. Expect the physical manifestation of all we prayed about and much more.
Scriptural References: John 10:10, Ephesians 3:20, 1 John 5:14, Philippians 1:6, Mark 11:23-24, Numbers 6:24-26, John 6:53, Psalm 118:21.